Leave the waiter a little more.

By Do The Deed on November 24, 2009 8 comments

Add your vote (24 voted for this deed)
Loading ... Loading ...

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn

Processing your request, Please wait....

{ 2 trackbacks }

Tubemate downloader for windows 7
October 17, 2017 at 10:03 pm
Delete email account windows 8 phone
October 18, 2017 at 12:22 am

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

amanda January 10, 2010 at 11:21 pm

I leave these cards to anyone who serves me well :) http://creatinggoodkarma.com/downloads/

Jesi February 25, 2010 at 1:35 pm

My sister and I were at “Baja Sol” together. Our server seemed to be having a not-so-good day. My sister asked how he was doing, and with a glum look he said “fine.” We each ordered a $5 burrito, giving us a bill of $13.00 (including drinks). Wanting to brighten his day, my sister and I each tipped him $5.00, giving him a $10 tip on a $13 bill. We both left with big smiles across our faces, knowing he would be smiling in a minute. :)

msdrpepper June 21, 2010 at 2:58 pm

This is something my family and I try to do – always leave a good tip for the servers, especially if they ARE actually making an effort to counteract maybe a poorly prepared item that is fault of the chef and/or the fault of one of our guest who might make a poor decision about how the food should be prepared. We know that likely others have taken advantage of their good service and undertipped them, for whatever reasons, so we want them to have at least one bright spot in the day!

Schmee July 24, 2010 at 11:09 am

It is very important to do this, remember that in the recession tips are pretty much all a waitress recieves. I used to be one myself and I learned to really appriciate what they do. Whenever we go out to eat the tips between 5-20 dollars depending on the bill. Its always good to leave 20-25% on any bill. She leaves happy and appriciated, and we feel good for making them feel that way. (Plus its always awesome to see the smiles they get when they look inside the folder see what you put in, and you tell them to “keep the change”)

Eric December 6, 2011 at 9:03 am

On a $10 lunch tab, $1.50 is your standard 15%. Add another 15% and you’d leave $3. The extra 15% you tip is 100% more for them. To a diner, the difference between a so-so tip and a great one is negligible. For $1.50 you get to make someone’s day. Or at least their afternoon.

yellow private May 7, 2012 at 2:42 am

my opinion is always a book ought to be written on each life experience…that and should you could integrate humor into your created experiences, would result in a fine book